Inform yourself about the projects of the Denkmal- und Geschichtsverein Bonn Rechtsrheinisch.
Illustration: High cross tomb Heister at the cemetery St. Peter in Vilich".
Current and completed projects from the association's work besides preservation and decoration of the historic house of former mayor Stroof:
- Saving the Mehlem House
- Restoration of monuments and wayside crosses
- Preservation of the historic cemeteries of Beuel
- Historical information on site (signposting), among others the "History Trail Lignite+Alum on the Ennert-Hardt" (display boards between Holzlar and Oberholtorf) or recently the Display boards in the entrance area of the Vilicher church St. Peter with information about its eventful history.
- Preservation of the Limperich castle ruins
- Safeguarding and developing our cultural landscapes
Other ongoing projects are the protection and rescue of outstanding industrial monuments such as the jute spinning mill of 1862 (Beuel Playhouse), the cement factory of 1856 (BonnVisio), and the Beuel freight station of 1873. The association makes proposals for the supplementation (protection) of the city's list of monuments "Geschützte Bau- und Bodendenkmäler".
The excavations in Ramersdorf near the former cement factory have proved to be the largest Frankish cemetery of the Merovingian period in the Rhineland. Our association had therefore proposed to name a street in this area "Merowinger-Allee". In 2014, the city of Bonn named the streets in the new development area between Herrengarten and Sankt Augustiner Straße (B56) "Merowingerstraße" and "Fränkische Straße".